Heads up: Some or all of the identifications affected by this split may have been replaced with identifications of Merops. This happens when we can't automatically assign an identification to one of the output taxa. Review identifications of Merops orientalis 2229

Taxonomic Split 117744 (Δημιουργήθηκε στις 02-12-2022)

"The striking morphological distinctness of members of each of the three groups, with no evidence of intergradation and with the most distinct taxa (cyanophrys and muscatensis) interposed between the other two groups, argues for a three-way split (as noted by e.g. Fry 2001). Therefore the polytypic group Green Bee-eater (Yellow-throated) Merops orientalis [viridissimus Group] becomes African Green Bee-eater Merops viridissimus, with subspecies viridissimus, flavoviridis, and cleopatra; the polytypic group Green Bee-eater (Arabian) Merops orientalis cyanophrys/najdanus becomes Arabian Green Bee-eater Merops cyanophrys, with subspecies cyanophrys and muscatensis; and the polytypic group Green Bee-eater (Russet-crowned) Merops orientalis [orientalis Group] becomes Asian Green Bee-eater Merops orientalis, with subspecies beludschicus, orientalis, ceylonicus, and ferrugeiceps."

Προστέθηκε από birdwhisperer στις Παρασκευή 02 Δεκέμβριος 2022 06:15:53 UTC | Δημιουργήθηκε από birdwhisperer στις 2 Δεκέμβριος 2022
διάσπαση σε

Σχόλια

Mapping not finished yet.

Αναρτήθηκε από birdwhisperer 10 μήνες πριν

@birdwhisperer can you make sure to update the maps of anything you split as you split them? We're using these for evaluation and it's throwing off our metrics. You can find the steps here https://inaturalist.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/151000015337-section-d-how-to-respond-to-a-flag-requesting-to-split-a-taxon#Step-3b%3A-Altering-a-taxon-range
thanks!

Αναρτήθηκε από loarie 10 μήνες πριν

@loarie If I'm going to get anything done, I'm going to need better instructions. I've spent the last 6 hours trying to follow the instructions in your link and it gets me nowhere. I've gotten as far as adding polygons to create the new ranges but every time I run the difference and intersection geoprocessors, it says the taxon range that I downloaded has "invalid geometry."

Αναρτήθηκε από birdwhisperer 9 μήνες πριν

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for testing these steps. I updated the tutorial with this fix which worked for me:
"If when using the Difference or Intersection Geoprocessing Tools you get an error saying that the feature has invalid geometry, use the Buffer Geoprocessing Tool with a buffer distance of 0 on the range which will usually repair the geometry. Then use the output of the Buffer Tool as the input in the Difference and Intersection Tools."
Thanks again for trying these steps

Αναρτήθηκε από loarie 9 μήνες πριν

@loarie That worked. All of the Green bee-eater now have updated ranges. I'll get to work on the other splits that were committed.

Αναρτήθηκε από birdwhisperer 9 μήνες πριν

awesome - looks great - thank you!

Αναρτήθηκε από loarie 9 μήνες πριν

Προσθήκη σχόλιου

Συνδεθείτε ή Εγγραφή για να προσθέσετε σχόλια